When you’re clients and colleagues are all over the world, travel is inevitable. There’s no way to avoid it, but there are definitely travel tips to make it easier to deal with (sometimes, even enjoyable!)
Here are my six travel tips to turn you into a smarter traveler:
- Pack smart. I make sure to roll my clothes and also pick clothes that can are very interchangeable. Sometimes, avoid colors that are hard to wear outside of one specific outfit. I also carry a canvas backpack for my laptop and gear as well as an extra outfit.
- Get TSA PreCheck! Huge time saver, don’t take your shoes or light jacket off. Get extra sleep and less stress through airports.
- Disconnect and massage your creative brain by reading fiction or listen to your favorite music. RECHARGE!
- Don’t avoid travel. The biggest mistake of business travel is trying to avoid it. Nothing replaces face to face time with clients and colleagues.
- Have noise canceling headphones. I prefer either the Bose QC-25 OR the Harman Kardon NC.
- Apps! Use apps to make your life easier. Here are four apps that will alleviate the headaches the business traveler deals with.
- TripIt, organizes your travel plans in one place. Finds alternative flights. Sends real-time alerts. Snags the best seat. We have something for every traveler.
- Hotel Tonight, amazing last-minute deals at top-rated hotels. Book Tonight, Tomorrow or 7 Days Out.
- SeatGuru, the ultimate source for airplane seating, in-flight amenities, flights shopping and airline information.
- Trip Advisor, World’s Largest Travel Site. 200 million+ unbiased traveler reviews. Search 200+ sites to find the best hotel prices.
What did I miss? Do you have any great travel tips to add? Drop it in the comments below.